Monday, March 16, 2015

Why Do I Blog?

I was asked recently by my boyfriend (of 8 years) "Why do you blog?" - He asked me in all sincerity and I think it was more to bring about a response that included me updating the blog I started before our Disney trip last March...

Oops.

Now, I answer for a different reason than Disney updates, though I will definitely have some of those since we're Annual Passholders (YAY!!!).

I blog... very simply because I forget.  Because I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2008 and since before then even, my memory has gone to shit. I used to be an ace at remembering things and I can still memorize numbers like a champ - nearly a photographic memory for numbers (No clue why, I HATE math...ick)  At work I'm constantly taking notes and at home I don't so I forget things.  Blogging was supposed to be how I remember things.  I forgot to blog too.  See my dilemma? I plan to pick it back up though, if I can remember to do so.  There are so many things that happen to me MS wise that I'm sure someone else with MS could relate to and there are so many things I hope someone can relate to because I need advice on coping methods. I'm trying... and I guess that's a "new" start for me.

I can't guarantee my blog will be long and drawn out and even though I'm writing what I'm thinking, there sometimes isn't any real grammatical context to what I'm saying. I run off on a tangent.....
I have MS and I there is a grey area... a blank grey area. So I'll forget in an instant what I was even saying.  It's scattered.... I just have to get my words out. (Wonderfalls reference anyone?? )

It won't always be about shiny, happy, pretty things (like my kids or Disney).  There's a lot here... a lot we deal with as a family.  Addiction, depression, Multiple Sclerosis, a child with CHD, divorce, a 16 year old love story - it's all stuffed in one little house in Florida... one family of 5 that struggles but loves. It's ... us.


No comments:

Post a Comment